Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Let the fun begin!

We started the summer off with a bang! Aunt Krystal got married Saturday, and it was a humdinger of a wedding! So beautiful, and the party afterward was so fun for us. Mom and Dad came, took our kids home, so we got to watch the bride and groom be whisked away, which by the way NEVER happens anymore, because we have children that take us home by 8:30! No complaints! :)

Aunt Krystal was stunning, Uncle Stu Baby wasn't too bad himself, and the band, the food, the friends, it was a party to remember! Thank you the Miller's for a fantastic night. It was so fun that we stayed in a hotel room with Aunt Dee Dee and Uncle Adam, they had Sawyer too, and I didn't even wake up when he cried at 3A.M. Whew, I danced my legs off. The next day, I definitely felt it.

Then, Monday we visited Meemaw's house to watch Aunt Krystal and Uncle Stu Baby open presents, of course the kids were all about that. We caught them at the end, so there wasn't much left to open, but they got great stuff!

Tuesday, we hit the water park. Got there at 10 and left at 1, now that's my kind of water park. We ate lunch there, and took naps when we got home. However, their naps weren't as good as I'd hoped they would be.... maybe the sun, maybe overly tired, but I was OUT and they were restless! HA, go figure. Mac and Veda were precious going around and around the slide. up the stairs, down the slide. They would walk of course (or the lifeguard would get on them, mommy too!) and slide down right next to each other. All I had to do was watch and wait. It was the most precious thing I'd seen in a LONG time. I WISH I HAD A CAMERA!!! (someone in the Bahamas is using my digital now, and loving it I'm sure.)

Today, we relaxed, visited Granny, and talked all about her trip to Africa. Tomorrow, we head to the movie theatre, and then we'll probably go back to the water park again this week. We are living the summer up so far! Surely, this pace will not keep up. Otherwise, I'll need a vacation come August when school rolls back around! Ha ha ha!!

0 comments: