Monday, August 3, 2009

A Sad Heart

Today was exciting and sad for us! Veda, our baby girl went to her first day of daycare. She's two and has been with me all summer, and stayed with a friend that kept a few children until then. I was so worried about how she would handle the situation. McCrae is much different than her, he's very bubbley and just said bye mommy when I left him for the first time. Veda on the other hand is very clingy and reserved. She'd much rather be with me or Kevin than with other strangers.

So... we walked up to the door: Me, McCrae, and Veda. Mac was excited to be back where he was a year ago, but you could tell Veda was very unsure. I'd been telling her all weekend about her "new school" and she said she was ready, but it was a very reluctant "I ready Momma."

I held her for the first few minutes and Mac immediately ran over to Kaylen (their cousin who also started today). When I put her down she wanted "UP UP MOMMA" but I didn't pick her up, I gave her meow (her "security" charm) and she was ok, but didn't leave my side. So I told Holly that she'd probably have to pick her up for me to leave, and so she did, and me and Mac walked around the corner, and she SURVIVED!!! I couldn't believe it. All that worrying... UHHH I should have know God was hearing my prayer after prayer. God is soooo good, and He answers us when we cry to Him.

She was really well behaved they said and she even asked to go to the potty, which is a miracle in a new place. We are about 95% potty trained, and I just knew this was going to be a relapse, because of the new place, but NOPE she is GREAT!! When we got in the car, she was very talkative and reminded me a lot more of Mac and his talkativeness... She just jabbered on about her new friends and they played outside. I think she likes it. We're going to go again tomorrow... maybe take a nap by mid week there! YIKES!!

What have I learned in all of this?? It's true what they say, worrying does NOTHING good for you! Trust God, He will protect them! That is my constant prayer... protection over my children, and once again, He is delivering!!! Thank you Jesus!

Looking forward to another successful day tomorrow! Until next time... Chow!

P.S. Sorry no pics, I need a digital!

0 comments: