Saturday, August 16, 2008

School Started






Man, school started, and that was all she wrote for the blogging! I have a ton to report.


The wedding was incredible! Of course I have no pictures for you, becuase I just told everyone else to email me some, and I haven't gotten any. So those of you reading this that were going to, please do send them. Shaili was the most beautiful bride, dripping in jewels and her husband Sameer rode to her family on a white horse. They danced in a "parade" all the way to meet her family as Sameer rode behind them, it was something I'd never seen before, and probably will never see again. Kevin and I were so honored to be apart of all of it! Thank you Shaili and Sameer. There was definitely zero skimping on anything. I mean the food was delicious. We got to sit down and eat two full meals, the ceremony was longer than usual and a little confusing for us, but I'm sure Shaili and Sameer knew exactly what they were doing... :) right!!


Then to the zoo. We did all of this in less than 24 hours. Ginny and David gave up their home to have us for a day and night, and we are so grateful. David's house was beautiful and they kept our children, it was just so nice. So, thank you again! Back to the zoo. Mac almost fell out when we saw all that there was to see. Penguins, Zebras, ELEPHANTS, Giraffes, the most incredible turtles you've ever seen. Kevin and I enjoyed it just as much as Mac did, I think. Veda loved it too, but it was her nap time, so she was def. not worrying about animals all that much, she was attached to her meow! I'm so glad we went early in the morning, because it quickly got hotter and hotter. We left around lunch and had a really long ride according to Mac (only 1-1/2 hours).


Then thursday I had my first students in class. It was a crazy day, and the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was talk, so Kevin just had to guess how my day was. Sorry to all of you who called... I just was so exhausted. Friday came, and it was soooo much better!!! I was more prepared and less nervous, so I think I'm really going to enjoy being in the classroom. I've got lots of work to do before monday. A whole lot more than the classroom goes into teaching that's for sure. I'm really not sure what I expected, but this is major hard work. Kudos to all of those teachers out there.... I am pooped!


Until next time! Adios!

0 comments: